Position: Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Location: Denver - Downtown
Type: Permanent Full Time
The Software Quality Assurance Engineer (QA) role provides leadership for the Technical Quality Assurance team. The Software Quality Assurance Engineer will run the
(QA) process across multiple application sets to ensure the delivery of high quality Software.
Quality Assurance Engineer will work closely with Business Analysts, Software Developers (and possibly other QA engineers) in small scrum teams to deliver the highest quality
products in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of quality standards. This includes articulating the quality assurance vision, processes, standards, tools and techniques.
- Provide leadership in defining and tracking software product quality metrics and measuring quality performance trends over time.
- Provide leadership in automating
QA processes, improving QA productivity and reducing bugs throughout the development cycle.
- In partnership with software development and business development under the supervision of the QA supervisor ensure the functional requirements of the software are delivered to
the customer expectations.
- Work collaboratively with other project managers, business analysts and department leadership, share ideas and provide critical feedback at all levels.
- Develop, publish and execute work plans,
QA test plans and test scripts in collaboration with the development, design and programming teams.
- Experience in working on enterprise application projects that follow a structured software implementation methodology.
- Demonstrated knowledge of UI, load, stress, performance and memory testing tools.
- Proficiency in SQL
- High proficiency writing and executing accepted
QA processes such as black box testing, white box testing, smoke tests, regression testing and other generally accepted test methods in the software development industry.
- Ability to adjust work-style to match team or audience, especially when working with non-technical or time-starved resources.
- Demonstrated problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities across many constituencies and in time-sensitive situations.
- Ability to self-manage. Comfortable with ambiguity and able to work through it to get the right things done. Understands communication channels and escalates appropriately.
- Proficiency in MicroSoft Office 2010 (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) required.
- A deep commitment to the overall mission of the foundation, its programs, and an approach consistent with the foundations guiding principles. Committed to delivering results against the mission
and holds self to the highest ethical standards.
- Communicates honestly and transparently; is respectful and appreciative of the contribution of others and identifies opportunities for personal growth.
- Demonstrates intellectual quickness, curiosity and discipline; thinks critically, challenges assumptions and makes learning a component of every activity.
- Demonstrates optimism; takes a hopeful and positive view of the future.
- Sets and adheres to realistic goals and is solution oriented.
- Is excited about the prospect of change and is able to adapt easily and recover from setbacks.
- Experience with finding the root cause of defects in a complex Enterprise N-Tiered environment
- In-depth knowledge of test planning, test case creation and test case execution
The statements in this description represent typical elements, criteria and general work performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills for this job.